L'oreal Paris Pure Clay Purity Mask - Review

August 23, 2016

If you've read my previous Skincare Wish list you would know i'm trying to make small changes to organise a skincare routine to suit me. I tend to be quiet lazy when taking care of my skin because I simply cbaaaa but at the same time I want my skin to have that glowy dewy finish on no makeup days too so... some effort has too be put in right?



loreal pure clay mask purity detox glow face
Scrolling through insta (as I always do) I found a few people raving about the NEW L'Oreal Paris Pure Clay Mask Range which was good timing because I was on the lookout for a good face mask to try out. They are all available at boots for £5 - I researched before deciding which mask of the 3 would be best for my skin & here is a lowdown on what I found:
Purity Mask: Is for oily complexions, it purifies deep into the pores and leaves the skin matte. This is the one I bought because oily skin is one of my main concerns when dealing with my skin.
Detox Mask: Contains charcoal which acts like a magnet to clean out impurities on normal skin complexions. Although I really liked the concept of this mask I didn't see the need in trying it out because...my skin is nowhere near normal!
Glow Mask: This mask is one I am gravitating towards and I think I might buy next as it exfoliates the skin and aims to illuminate and give a glowy complexion. I think it would be perfect for my cheeks.
loreal pure clay mask purity detox glow face 
PURITY CLAY MASK 
As I said before the mask promises to leave the skin looking fresh, clean and purified with a matte but not too dry finish - which is my main problem area, as I am constantly patting down excess oil and trusttttt when you have a full face of makeup, that ain't cute!
It contains: KOALIN - absorbs impurities and excess sebum. MONTMORILLONITE - eliminates impurities and contains high minerals. GHASSOUL - helps skin appear clearer an purer. EUCALYPTUS - great for problematic skin as it has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and decongesting properties.
Now - onto the actual review. I applied an even amount of clay all over my face/target area with an old foundation brush - because ain't nobody got time for getting clay stuck between your nails! At the beginning I could feel a tingling nearly burning sensation but nothing too major. This just meant that it was working deep into my pores removing all that yucky stuff on the skin. I let it dry for 10 minutes before rinsing off with warm water, I particular like using a damp towel to help remove it all properly.
The feeling afterwards was just A1! My skin felt refreshed, pure and really really really soft!  It also kept my face feeling matte, although I now try not to use it on areas that aren't oily because it can be really drying! If you have dry skin, this specific mask is a no-go!

I use this mask at least twice a week. I give this product a 5/5 and I could not recommend it enough. It is really easy and fuss free to add into you skincare routine specially if you are lazy like me!  I will definitely be purchasing the glow mask to give that extra glow to my skin.

What are your favourite face masks?

Hope xox



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I also have this and can relate to the tingly sensation which I think is a good sign of it getting to work. I like it but I need to reach for it more often. I have just bought the clay mask from the Seaweed range at The Body Shop so may use them together.

    Shannon // Shannonkara.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, and i might give the body shop one a go too - i feel like i need a change lol X

      Delete